Reporting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
Under Florida law, the Clerk of Court and Comptroller (Clerk) is the auditor, accountant, and custodian of all Marion County (County) funds. Fla. Const. Art. V, Sec. 16 and Art. VIII, Sec. 1(d); Fla. Stat. § 28.12. In that regard, the Clerk has contracted with Lighthouse Services to provide a hotline for reporting fraudulent, wasteful, or abusive activities involving County funds.
What to Use the Hotline For
- Fraud, waste, or abuse of County funds
What Not to Use the Hotline For
- General complaints regarding services provided by the Clerk, County, or its Constitutional Officers
- Suggestions for improvement
- Personnel and Human Resource issues
- Issues of extreme urgency, such as threats of violence or harassment (if appropriate, contact law enforcement)
***Complaints unrelated to fraud, waste, or abuse of County funds should be directed to the appropriate public official or entity.***
How to Use the Hotline
- Telephone (English)
- Telephone (Spanish)
- E-mail (must reference Marion County or the Marion County Clerk of Court and Comptroller)
- Fax alternative for written documents: (215) 689-3885 (must reference Marion County or the Marion County Clerk of Court and Comptroller)
You may make an anonymous report on-line and, through use of a self-selected Personal Identification Number (PIN), provide additional information and ask about the status of your report without ever sharing your identity or information that can be used to identify you (e.g., name, email address, telephone and/or fax number). If you wish to stay anonymous, please do not provide your name, email address, telephone and/or fax number. If you choose to share your identity or information that can be used to identify you, it may be subject to disclosure.