Skip to content
Gregory C. Harrell, Clerk of Court and Comptroller of Marion County, Florida
Marion County Clerk of Court and Comptroller
How Do I

Domestic Support

Child Support/Alimony

The child support division is the central governmental depository for child support and alimony payments. This office strictly handles payments to be made in Marion County. Effective 10/1/99, there was a change in Florida’s Child Support Enforcement law as a result of both Federal and State mandates for the receipt and disbursement of support payments.

The Florida legislature passed Chapter 98-397, laws of Florida (CS\CS\HB 271) which mandated the Department of Revenue to contract with the Florida Association of Court Clerks (FACC) and each depository to perform duties with respect to the operation and maintenance of a State Disbursement Unit (SDU). With the passage of section 61.1824, Florida Statutes, the Legislature established a centralized location for the collection and disbursement of child support payments known as the (SDU). The SDU shall be responsible for the collection and disbursement of payments for Marion County.

Voice Response Unit

A Voice Response Unit (VRU) is available with basic payment information. The VRU also will allow you to speak with a customer service representative. The telephone number is 877-769-0251 (toll-free). The system will prompt you for your Social Security Number and Case Number. To use the system, you will need to ensure the Clerk of the Circuit Court has your correct Social Security Number. The case number must be entered as a nine-digit number (example: case # 2003-59-DR is entered as 030000059).

If you have any questions about these procedures, you can contact this office at (352) 401-6721 or the customer service representative at the State Disbursement Unit at the telephone number listed above.

Procedures for making payments to the SDU

All child support and alimony payments for Marion County, Florida are to be sent to the SDU. The SDU will receive your payment and post it to the appropriate account.

For payment options, please visit Click “Payments”, then “Make a Payment”. You will find information on how to pay by cash, check, money order, debit/credit card, MoneyGram/Amscot, or electronic check.

If paying by check or money order, it is very important you include these items on the front of your check or money order. Without this information, payments cannot be processed!

Proper Identification means:

  • Full name of person obligated to make the payment
  • Social Security number of Obligor (Respondent, Payor)
  • County name where your case is recorded (Marion County #42)
  • Child/alimony support case number (example: 00-000000-DR)
  • Full name of the person to receive the payment

Payments made by check or money order are to be mailed to:

Florida State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, Florida 32314-8500

Florida State Disbursement Unit Customer Service may be reached by calling 1-877-769-0251 (automated, toll-free line).  You may also use this phone number to update your mailing address with the Department of Revenue (Child Support Enforcement) if your case is handled by them.

You must keep the Clerk’s Office informed of your current mailing address.  If you have any questions about these procedures, or to update your mailing address with the Clerk’s Office, please contact Domestic Support, Room #103, at 352-401-6721.

Please note that regular payments are not accepted in the Domestic Support department of the Clerk’s Office – we only accept court ordered purge payments.