What You Need
Each applicant must come to the Clerk's Office with the following items:
- One passport photograph of the applicant - Photo may be purchased at many drugstore chains, department store photo shops, or some travel agencies. Passport photograph must be in color; must be two-inches by two-inches in overall size with a head image size of no less than one inch nor larger than 1 3/8-inch; must be a frontal, portrait-type view without dark glasses or a hat. The background should be white. The photographic paper must be able to undergo a temperature of 225 degrees for laminating. Most vending machine photographs are not able to withstand the mounting temperatures and/or will not adhere properly to the passport page. Newspaper, magazine print and school pictures are not acceptable.
- Proof of citizenship Certificate of Naturalization or a certified copy of your birth certificate (showing both parents' names, if applicable) - If needing to obtain a birth certificate, you must contact the proper agency in the State in which you were born. Our office can instruct you on how to obtain a certified copy from another State. If born in Marion County since 1930, you may obtain a certified birth certificate from the Marion County Public Health Department. If born within the State of Florida from 1930 to 1954, or 1963 to the present, you may obtain a certified birth certificate form the Marion County Public Health Department. All other Florida births from 1955 to 1962, you will need to contact the Office of Vital Statistics in Jacksonville.
- The original/certified copy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization will be sent with your application to the Passport Agency and will be returned with the Passport by mail.
- A valid form of photo identification, such as a driver's license, or original naturalization papers.
- At least one personal check or money order for fee to the U.S. Dept. of State, and the separate processing fee to the Clerk of Court can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card.