According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, one (1) in three (3) women and one (1) in four (4) men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner.  In Florida alone, more than 100,000 cases of domestic violence were reported last year. 

Your Marion County Clerk can help if you are a victim of domestic violence.  DON'T STAY SILENT. Take action today and put a stop to the fear and abuse.


During the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., per Administrative Order M2017-13, a Petition for Injunction can be filed with the Clerk’s office. Once the forms are completed, the clerk will file the petition and notify the judge’s office. The judge may enter a Temporary Injunction and Notice of Hearing will be entered or set it for hearing without a temporary injunction.

Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders/Injunctions is a court order that directs a person not to have any contact with you. If you are a victim of any act of domestic violence or have reasonable cause to believe you are in imminent danger of becoming the victim of domestic violence, you can ask the Court for a protective order prohibiting domestic violence. “Domestic violence" means any assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member by another. An Injunction may be obtained from the Clerk of Court and Comptroller’s Domestic Violence Department, by applying in person. Certain eligibility requirements must be met pursuant to Chapter 741, Florida Statutes.

Because you are making a request to the Court, you are called the Petitioner. The person whom you are asking the Court to protect you from is called the Respondent.


There is no filing fee. However, there may be a sheriff’s service fee if the Respondent lives outside of the State of Florida. The Petitioner should verify the service fee with the other state prior to filing the case. The Petitioner must provide a check or money order made payable in the amount that was provided by the other state at the time of filing.

All required documents are contained in the individual packets which are available on the Clerk's website (see column to the right), and in person in the Domestic Violence Department, Room 102.

* For injunctions regarding the exploitation of vulnerable adults please see: