Important Information and Disclaimer
Gregory C. Harrell, the Marion County, Florida, Clerk of Court and Comptroller is pleased to offer Internet access to public records and other information, including records of civil actions and the index to, and images, of portions of the Official Records of Marion County, Florida. Users should be aware of the following:
(1) This information is provided as a courtesy and a public service for educational or informational purposes. While the Clerk's office has attempted to preserve the accuracy of the online versions of the information, the information displayed is not official and the Clerk will not be responsible for any inaccuracies that may be encountered. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this Web site does so at his, her or its own risk.
(2) This information is not a replacement for the original records nor is it intended to be legal advice. Rather, parties should refer to the printed version of the records, independently verify the accuracy of the information or consult an attorney.
(3) This information is provided AS IS. Without waiving any other defenses or immunities provided by law, the Clerk: (a) makes no guarantees concerning the information contained in this Web site, including the accuracy, currency, or content of such information; (b) is not responsible for the results of any defects or misinformation that may be found to exist in this site; and (c) disclaims all warranties with regard to this information, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Clerk be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information.
(4) Any person or entity using this information hereby releases, acquits and forever discharges the Clerk and its officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, rights, damages, costs, loss of services, expenses and compensation whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or hereafter acquired (individually or collectively, hereafter referred to as "Claims"), which such person or entity may have or which may hereafter accrue, on account of or in any way growing out of this site or the information contained herein. This specifically includes, without limitation, any such Claims which may arise out of the negligence of the persons released or any of them.
(5) The Clerk maintains all immunities provided by law including, without limitation, the limits of liability found in Section 768.28, Florida Statutes.
(6) This site contains references or hyperlinks to other sites and information located on the Internet. The Clerk has no control over such sites and information, makes no guarantees concerning such sites and information (including the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of any such sites and information) and does not endorse any content or products that may be found or referred on those sites.
(7) Communications made by email to this site or to the Clerk's office shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Clerk or any of its employees with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Clerk or any of its employees, where notice is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
(8) For security and analytic purposes, information about searches conducted through the internet index provided will be logged. Information collected from these logs will be used to maintain and improve this service.
(9) Pursuant to Florida law the following documents recorded after June 4, 2002, will not be available via this site: military discharges, death certificates, court records relating to family law, juvenile procedure and probate. In addition, certain information on all document types may be redacted from the Internet images upon request.
(10) Section 28.2221(5)(b), Florida Statutes, provides that any records made available on this site for general public display prior to June 5, 2002, must be removed if the affected party identifies the record and requests that it be removed. Such request must be in writing and delivered by mail, facsimile, or electronic transmission, or in person, to the Official Records Division of the Clerk's Office. The request must identify with specificity with the book and page numbers of the documents to be removed.
(11) Pursuant to the Florida Rules of Judicial Administration, the Clerk’s Office is not allowed to accept documents by email for filing in court cases. Additionally, we neither accept nor forward communications to a judge’s office. Therefore, we take no action on document(s) submitted to our office via email. Interested parties may file document(s) in court cases by mail, in person, or by using the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal. For more information, please CLICK HERE.