Per Chapters 197 and 717 of the Florida Statutes, excess monies are to be held by the Clerk for one year, then if not yet claimed, sent to the State of Florida as unclaimed property.
HOW TO CLAIM FUNDS
If you believe that you have unclaimed funds held by the Clerk’s office:
- Download the Tax Deeds Surplus Funds List and/or the Stale Dated Checks/Unclaimed Funds List to see if you have money to collect.
If you do, please print out and complete the appropriate Affidavit.
- Mail completed Affidavits for Duplicate Checks, a copy of a valid photo ID, proof of address and notarized signature to the Marion County Clerk’s Office, Attn: Finance Department, P.O. Box 1030, Ocala, FL 34478.
- Mail completed Affidavits for Tax Deed Surplus, a completed W-9 form, a copy of a valid photo ID, proof of address and notarized signature to the Marion County Clerk’s Office, Attn: Tax Deeds, P.O. Box 1030, Ocala, FL 34478.
Please allow the Clerk’s office sufficient time to process your request.
Tax Deeds Surplus Funds
- Unclaimed Funds Affidavit for Duplicate Check - AffidavitforDuplicateCheckStale.pdf (23.0 KBs)
- BCC Stale Dated Checks/Unclaimed Funds as of June 4, 2020 - BCC Unclaimed Funds 2020-06-04.pdf (164.4 KBs)
- Clerk Stale Dated Checks/Unclaimed Funds as of June 8, 2020 - Clerk stale dated checks 2020-06-08.pdf (93.7 KBs)