Official Records Search Help
To begin your search of the Public Records, simply do the following:
- Click on "Search Records Now".
- When the Public Search Screen appears, select how you would like to search (name, document type, case number, file number, book/page).
- Enter the item you wish to search for and click on "Search". Note: If you are performing a name search, you must enter the last name at a minimum, include a space between last name and first name (no comma). A date range may be used only with name and document type searches.
- If you wish to have more document detail click on highlighted name.
Once you have followed these easy steps, you will be presented with a list of documents matching your specifications. You can perform other searches or return to the previous screen using your browser's "BACK" button.
If there is an available document to view, click the "Get Image" button located above the document detail box. A security warning will open in a small separate window. It will tell you that this "Image Applet" cannot be trusted. Click yes to let it run and open the image file. The image should then open in the right frame of the browser.
This application requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Netscape Communicator 4.08 - 4.76.
f you are not able to view the document after clicking "Get Image", please read the following:
Microsoft IE users:
- First, go to the top menu bar in Internet Explorer and choose: "Help", "About Internet Explorer." You must be running minimum version 5.5. If you are not running 5.5+ , click on the Microsoft Internet Explorer link above the start search link. It will direct you to Microsoft's download area to download IE 6.0
- Second, you must have Microsoft Virtual Machine installed. It is sometimes not automatically installed with typical installation. If you wish to see, skip to the third step. If you do not have it installed, this may be installed one of two ways:
- When installing IE 6.0, instead of "Typical Installation," choose "Custom Installation." You may then choose either minimum, typical, or full. If you choose minimum or typical, be sure to check the box for Virtual Machine.
- If you have already installed IE 5.5 or 6.0, you may click the following link to Microsoft's Download center and download the most current updates.
Microsoft VM build 3309 for Windows 95/98, and Windows NT 4.0
Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 for Win2000 users
- Third, you must have "JIT compiler for virtual machine" disabled. To check, go to "Tools", "Internet Options...", and click on the 'advanced' tab. About 1/2 way down, under "Microsoft VM," third checkbox - "JIT compiler for virtual machine" must not be checked. If it is checked, uncheck it. Changing this option will require you to close all windows of Internet Explorer and restart it. If you do not find a "Microsoft VM" heading in your list, you need to return to step two and download it.